The Water Supply Division of the Clermont County Water Resources Department is responsible for comprehensive daily oversight of the operation of our water system. We operate and maintain three drinking water treatment plants with a combined daily capacity of 35.2 million gallons per day (MGD).
- Our MGS treatment plant, located in Miamiville, is a 2.2 MGD ion exchange softening plant that draws water from five wells situated in the Little Miami River Valley Aquifer. Originally constructed in 1960 and expanded/improved in 1969, this plant was recently rehabilitated and process improvements were made to assure the best possible level of treatment.
- Our PUB treatment plant, located near New Palestine, is a 15MGD iron and manganese removal plant that draws water from twenty wells situated in the Ohio River Valley Aquifer. Originally constructed in 1955, the plant was expanded/improved in 1969, 1982, and 1990. We are currently developing plans for renovation of certain elements of the treatment that includes filtration, instrumentation and controls, and chemical feed systems.
- Our BMW treatment plant, located in Batavia Township, is an 18 MGD conventional surface water treatment plant that draws water from Harsha Lake. Originally constructed in 1995, the plant was expanded and upgraded in 2012, and retrofitted with Granular Activated Carbon Filtration, one of the best available treatment technologies in the industry.
In addition, we operate and maintain four pumping stations, and twenty five storage tanks. We provide after hours emergency phone service for both water and sewer customers, and monitor computer control systems for the water system.