FULL SERVICE* WATER METER (≤ 2”) INSTALLATIONS
WATER RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Upon filing a completed application at Permit Central for new water service and after approval of the application, the following steps will need to be taken by the owner/owner’s agent:
- Place the provided blue stake at the right-of-way. This will be the location of the new meter. Meters must be set in a grassy area, and cannot be subject to vehicular traffic. The stake is still required even if the house service line is already installed. The water meter lid will be installed at or near the existing ground elevation. If you want the lid installed at a different elevation, please write “grade” with a horizontal line at the preferred grade on the stake, in black permanent marker. Any change in grade after the installation, resulting in adjustment to the meter setting will be an additional expense to the property owner.
- Install Pipe from home to meter area (inspection by Clermont County Public Health):
- Type L or K copper pipe, or polyethylene plastic pipe (AWWA C901) with a minimum pressure rating of 160 P.S.I. (pounds per square inch) can be used.
- Minimum bury depth of 42” required. If the service line crosses a creek, a sleeve of 2 times the diameter of the service line will be required.
- Plastic piping requires a three to four foot length of Type K copper, of a size equivalent to the meter setting, on the water meter end.
- It is recommended that any service line over 100 feet in length be increased in size (i.e. ¾” to 1”+) to reduce pressure loss.
- A #1024 dual check backflow device must be installed on the main service inside the home/building and not within a crawl space.
- Acceptable fittings are compression, flared or solder types.
You must call to schedule your meter installation with the Water Resources Department (WRD) at 513-732-7970 – Please indicate “Full Service*”.
*Full Service indicates WRD crews are installing the water service line, water meter pit, lid, water meter and appurtenances.
Final connection to a service line may be completed by WRD installation crews. Please be advised that any connection on the house/structure side of the meter by WRD installation crews is done strictly as a courtesy and any repairs are still the full responsibility of the owner. Billing for service will start after the meter is installed.
Allow approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks for scheduling.
Last updated December 23, 2020