METER ONLY* WATER METER (≤ 2”) INSTALLATIONS
WATER RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Upon filing a completed application at Permit Central for new water service and after approval of the application, the following steps will need to be taken by the owner/owner’s agent:
- Install Water Service and Meter Pit (inspection by WRD): Complete installation of the water service and meter pit in accordance with the Standard Details and Specifications of the Clermont County Water Resources Department. Specifications and Standard Details can be found at https://wrd.clermontcountyohio.gov/standards-and-provisions/
- Install Pipe from home to meter area (inspection by Clermont County Public Health):
- Type L or K copper pipe, or polyethylene plastic pipe (AWWA C901) with a minimum pressure rating of 160 P.S.I. (pounds per square inch) can be used.
- Minimum bury depth of 42” required. If the service line crosses a creek, a sleeve of 2 times the diameter of the service line will be required.
- Plastic piping requires a three to four foot length of Type K copper, of a size equivalent to the meter setting, on the water meter end.
- It is recommended that any service line over 100 feet in length be increased in size (i.e. ¾” to 1”+) to reduce pressure loss.
- A #1024 dual check backflow device must be installed on the main service inside the home/building and not within a crawl space.
- Acceptable fittings are compression, flared or solder types.
You must call to schedule your meter installation with the Water Resources Department (WRD) at 513-732-7970 – Please indicate “Meter Only*”.
*Meter Only indicates WRD crews are installing only the water meter. The water service line, water meter pit, lid and appurtenances are installed by the private contractor/developer. This is applicable to all water main extensions / subdivisions approved on or after February 1, 2021.
Note – if meter pit installation is unacceptable, the Water Resources Department will not install the water meter. The Contractor/Developer must make the necessary repairs.
Billing for service will start after the meter is installed.
Last updated December 23, 2020